Become a Member & The Young Bakers Group
The Company welcomes applications for membership, particularly from those working in the Baking Industry or Allied Trades; as well as from those living and working in the City of London and elsewhere who wish to support charitable activities and see history and tradition maintained.
Why join the Worshipful Company of Bakers?
- The Company is an open Company, welcoming members from both within and outside the trade, with no restriction on location.
- We have no restriction on the size of the Livery.
- Our Benevolent Fund is increasingly active.
- The Trade Liaison Committee is raising the profile of the baking trade in the City by having a presence at City events.
- Our programme of social events has been both extended and broadened, with an increased number of events which can be attended by partners.
- Members of any age are welcome.
- The establishment of Young Bakers targeting those under 40 years of age, with a flexible approach to progressing to the full Livery, is intended to support the recruitment of younger members.
Applications for the Freedom and the Livery must be made via the Clerk’s Office on the appropriate application form. These are available from the Clerk’s Office (0207 623 2223 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or can be completed online.